Day 1: Munnar - Suryanelli
We will start at Munnar, the tea town situated at over 1500m. We will take the winding estate roads through the tea gardens & forest patches and through the Lockhart gap overlooking the spectacular Bison Valley deep down below. We will have lunch en-route and reach our destination at Suryanelli. We will spend the night in very comfortably furnished cottage tents at Surynelli after a sumptuous barbeque dinner by the camp fire.
O/N at the Anaerangal Camp (All Meals) - Distance: 42 kms
Day 2 : Vandanmedu
At dawn we will continue our biking around the beautiful Anaerangal lake through the tea estates to Nedungadom. We will pass through thick forests, cardamom estates and spice gardens that has made these cardamom Hills world famous. In the evening, check into the magnificent Carmelia resort at Vandanmedu, set amidst a cardamom & tea estate.
O/N at the Carmelia / Homestay at Nedumgandom (All meals)- Distance: 60 kms
Day 3 : To Periyar
Our destination today is the short morning ride to Periyar passing through forests, tea gardens and spice plantations. We will reach the forests at Periyar by lunchtime where we can either relax our legs or take off into the jungle. Periyar is one of the best wildlife reserves in India and has large herds of Asiatic elephants, Indian Bison as well as tigers. For the ornithologists it has over 330 species of birds including the majestic Great Hornbill.
O/N at the Wildernest Resort (B & B)- Distance: 20 kms
Day 4 : Departure
After breakfast, transfer to airport . End The Tour .
Please consider the environment before printing
Departure date : Based on your inquiry
Tour Cost : Contact us
Bikes: Mountain Bikes
Bike Sizes: 13-21
Bike Hire: Includes on Tour Cost. You may bring your own bikes, but in this case let us know in advance. Other equipment provided: Pedals, helmet, water bottles.
Accommodation is offered at all locations. Most of the hotels are Culture Resort, Eco Resorts & family run hotels - all with a common line of quality in service. Our costs are based on 'twin-sharing' foundation. For those who wants single room, we offer single room, but at extra cost.
The landscape includes flatlands, mountains, backwaters and village streets.
The variety of the regional features of this country has led to a corresponding variety in environment. The Great Varies have awesome environment throughout the year, while the flatlands are warm and moist. The common level of yearly rain fall is superb in Kerala, Sikkim and some of the Northern Eastern Declares of Native India, when compared to other Native India. July to Aug is the monsoon season, with heavy downpours. It is always recommended to check weather and temperature at websites.
All transport is involved in the cost. We provide backup vehicle at all times during cycling trip. The vehicle can be used to boat your baggage & yourself as required.
Food is a very essential part of these trips. We make sure that the meals we offer is method delicious, unless you ask for dull meals. You are also permitted the choice of veggie or non-vegetarian meals. We suggest that you consume only the canned standard water. Please make sure that the container is enclosed.
What to bring
- Bike shoes
- Sun cream lotion
- Relaxed shoes for walking
- Shoes for other sightseeing
- In Indian, the conventional of outfit is more traditional. We counsel you to prevent very short shorts/skirts and limited tops/tanktops when viewing small non-urban places, temples, mosques or other sacred sites as this may limit your access.
- A hotter set of outfits (Fleece, Coat, hat and gloves) are required for visits going through Munnar and other thin air places.
- Water resistant jacket.
- Riding a bike equipment like safety gloves and shorts.
- Mosquito repellent
- Eyewear, cap
- Sun lotion of spf at least 35
- Individual Bike riding equipment like bar finishes, pedals, chairs and headgear
- Helmets for riding a bike
Water is higher risk; hence we suggest that you drink only nutrient water in bottles during your trip. A cage of standard nutrient water is always focused for in the start of the vehicle during trips as an urgent evaluate. Despite the high requirements, it is worth providing basic OTC medications for disappointed tummies, complications, pest attacks etc. Indian is a financially creating democratic republic and has worked very hard to control illnesses. Sufficient medical care is available in the major inhabitants' facilities, but is usually limited in the non-urban areas of the country. Many western worlds are utilizing the state-of-the-art healthcare services available in Indian. The cost of treatment is much less expensive here in comparison to the same features available in innovative nations.
The most important cause of sickness of tourists in Indian is food and water-borne illnesses. Malware, bacteria, or harmful bacteria can cause diarrhea. Attacks may cause simple diarrhea and throwing up, high temperature, or, in extraordinary instances, liver organ damage (hepatitis). Malaria is a avoidable disease that can create trouble if neglected. One can prevent disease by taking recommended anti-malarial drugs and defending against insect attacks. The areas you will be passing are Malaria-free. Make sure that your insurance provider includes illnesses and injuries overseas.
- Bring all the important medications and OTC medications. Do not ignore to have the brands as well as the general titles of the medications one needs to have.
- Use a sun hat when revealed.
- Consume a lot of liquids. Don't drink tap water. Use only bottled water which is always kept in the back of your automobile.
- Bring your personal medical kit and pest resilient.
- To avoid fungus and parasitic attacks, keep legs clean and dry, and do not go without shoes.
- Do not eat food bought from road providers.
- Do not drink drinks with ice.
- Do not eat milk products unless it is known that they have been pasteurized.
- Prevent managing creatures (especially apes, pets, and cats) to avoid attacks and serious illnesses.
Medical Information Update
Details given above are liable to change every now and then and one should contact the Native India tasks of the specific country or the government vacationer offices for more details.
You will get possibilities en-route to do a bit of purchasing. However unless particularly requested for, our guide will not suggest any particular store. Neither we nor our driver/guides take any percentage on purchasing.
Every visitor will have different cash specifications and varying personal costs. Please assess your own spending routines while enabling for beverages, purchasing and falling. Also keep aside cash for extra costs like:
- Foods which are not included
- Optionally available activities /additional sightseeing
As Indian currency value tend to go up and down, make reference to the following website for daily return rates: www.xe.com.
There is no airport terminal or leaving taxation from any airport terminal of India.
- Insurance Policy - Please take your own Insurance
- Telephone bills
Tour Cost Includes:
- Hotel Based on Twin Sharing - 3 nights
- Bikes for complete Tour (Cycling Part Only - Trek Bikes)
- All Meals as mentioned above in itinerary
- Expert Cycle Guide / mechanic throughout the tour
- Back up AC vehicle for complete tour
- Fresh Fruits/Snacks (Only Cycling Part)
- Unlimited water during cycling (Only Cycling Part)
- All road and transport taxes
- All Airport and Hotel Transfers
- Driver Allowance
- Toll and Parking charges
- 5% Government Taxes
Tour Cost Excludes:
- Any Domestic or International flight tickets
- Monument or Sightseeing entry fees not in tour
- Still/Video camera fees
- Tips and Gratitude
- Travel insurance